09 May 2010

Why do household appliances fall apart on Mother's Day?


Hello everyone, it's Sunday again and Sunday seems to have established itself as my blog-day ... at least for now ;) Last week was very busy at work, so this weekend I've just been lazy - as lazy as I'd ever want to be - and on top of that, it's Mother's Day here in Germany (and also in the US I believe), so my lovely children prepared breakfast, lunch and soon dinner too (ok, I had to tidy up after them and coax the dishwasher into working one last time). More about that later ... first of all - Happy Mother's Day to all mothers on this planet, wherever you are and if this day is celebrated in your country today or not, whatever your age or however your old your "babies" are, whether you are a birth, foster or step-mom (and grandmas included too) ... you are treasured and valued, not only today but 365 days a year! My mum is 81, so I'm blessed to still have her around, albeit 700 km away and only talked to her on the phone.

I was out food-shopping with my girls last night and at the florists in the supermarket mall there was the longest queue I'd ever seen there. It's surely a great business day for florists! (Pic from http://www.bilderkiste.de/ and NOT representing the local florist)


Ok, I wasn't all idle all weekend (can one ever be?) - Yesterday I did the laundry (not unusual I hear you say) ... in the BATHTUB! Yes, the washing machine has retired itself, soaked the launddry and now refuses to work ... and all this just weeks from me moving into my flat for which I would have bought a new one anyhow. That's not all, the dishwasher it's also on its last leg as are several other things. I have the feeling this house and its contents want to tell me: MOVE OUT, make yourself a new life!


Better go and see what son is up to in the kitchen (he's making spaghetti and tomato sauce, I fear the kitchen might look like a crime scene). I wonder who'll do the dishes afterwards ;) They grew up with the idea of a dishwasher, actually washing up was a game when in a holiday appartment. I wonder how this "game" idea will last. Oh well, even if I have my arms in the sink tonight (I'd rather sink into someone's arms, but hey, we'll get there) - they are real treasures and I LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment