17 September 2010

Poole your ideas in Bournemouth



Hello world, I am in lovely Bournemouth on the southcoast of England. Not all just for fun, but for the second part of my hypnotherapy diploma training course and saying that, it IS fun. Yes folks, it really is! There is a lot to learn and do (yes, we actually get to DO all the things we learn about, not just sit in that room right next to the entrance and absorb theory all day long). I admit there were times when at the end of the day (and after being seriously tranced out three times) I felt quite exhausted, but now - just that I'm in the swing of things again - it's nearly over.


Let me tell you about yesterday afternoon. We did something "Apprentice" style in groups of three and where given the task to invent a product or service (it could be as "realistic" or absolutely imaginary as we liked) and a marketing strategy to go with it. (Marketing? I hear you ask. On a hypnosis course? ... hmmm, ever heard of hypnotic marketing and copywriting? We don't just make each other dance like chickens yanno - in fact we never do that.) Anyhow, let me get back to the ideas. It's absolutely amazing what three random people can come up with within an hour (The fact that all my course-mates are even more amazing people helps, of course). One group marketed a pill for you to move into your favourite celebrity's body for a week. I won't give you the details of what they planned to do to the real celebrity and we found out it might also be a good idea to actually use that pill to morph into the celebrity's significant other ;)


Whether hypnotherapy to enhance your acting or overcome grieving a pet, or learning perfect pitch through headphones, some of the products were so good - I actually wanted one! What I found really valuable - apart from tons of laughter - is that when you pool and share ideas with your friends they feed off each other and can spiral into miraculous heights. Not all these ideas might be feasible (just yet) but actually going "over the top" can propel you into something extraordinary and with a little tweaking you might find a real life application for it. As they say nowadays, is there an APP for that? And yes guys, I really like the Hypnopedia App, make one, I'll buy it ;)
So with your ideas, dare to be outrageous, have fun, who cares if it's "realistic", feasible, doable right now - we save sensible for later and who knows where you might end up. On a scale from 0 - 10, I guess you've just bust the scales because you are at 11!
Keep having a great time!
Hugs, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment